Did you know bananas are one of the most widely consumed fruits in the world? And not without reason! Not only are they creamy, tasty and sweet, but they also have a bunch of health benefits. We give you ten reasons to why you should love bananas.
1.Bananas have moisturizing properties, which are good for people who have dry skin. By eating bananas you give your skin the ultimate glow.
2. Bananas are rich in carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins B6, and minerals like potassium and manganese.
3. Since bananas are packed with potassium they are good for the heart. The high potassium and low sodium content helps protect your cardiovascular system against high blood pressure.
4. Bananas are the perfect snack. They keep you full and are a good option before hitting the gym since they give you instant energy. A favorite among athletes.
5. Eating a banana can actually improve your mood, because they contain tryptophan, an amino acid that studies say plays a role in boosting your mood.
6. The high levels of potassium in bananas make them the perfect cure for a mean hangover. Blend one into a hangover-fighting smoothie and feel better.
7. Bananas improve your sex life. They are rich in nutrients that help produce sexual hormones and also enhance male libido.
8. Kind of gross, but bananas help you recover faster after having diarrhea. Diarrhea leaves your body dehydrated and depleted of electrolytes. By eating a banana it helps you restore the lost potassium and makes you feel better.
9. If you rub a bug bite with the inside of the banana peel, it will relieve itching and irritation. Worth trying before itching yourself to death.
10. Bananas are not season based, which makes them available all year around. Also, they usually don’t cost to much.
In addition to all this they are a wonderful addition to a variety of recipes. We give you some quick serving ideas:
Peanut butter banana sandwich
This one is a lifesaver if you want something sweet. Slice your banana in small pieces; add some peanut butter, before topping it with another slice of banana. Enjoy!
Smoothies without bananas are a little like a warm summer day, without the sun… It just doesn’t work! Bananas do not only give your smoothies a sweet flavor, but a creamy consistency.
Banana on bread
Try a piece of bread, some butter and sliced banana on top! We promise, your going to love it!
By: Henriette Danielsen