Sometimes we simply have an “off day”. This happens to all of us. To me and to you, to your friend with that big smile, to that successful woman on Instagram: to all of us. Don’t be angry with yourself if everything gets a little too much and you need some downtime, a hug or both.
Here are some of the things I do when I need a positive boost. I hope they help you, too!
1. Watch a silly comedy, in your PJs.
2. Make a cup of steaming hot golden milk.
3. Listen to this beautiful playlist, by Marthe from The Freedom Experiment.
4. Eat chocolate.
5. Make a Pinterest board with inspiring quotes. I made one myself!
6. Clean up your wardrobe or organize your bookshelf.
7. Take a warm bath with epsom salts.
8. Put your favorite essential oil on your wrist. Citrus oils are very uplifting, lavender is calming and Frankincense is so grounding.
9. Meditate. Even five minutes of stillness can change your perspective.
10. Grab your pencils and start coloring.
11. Listen to a podcast. Some of my favorites include This American Life, The Lively Show and Ted Radio Hour.
12. Go for a run, a walk, a swim: move.
13. Bake these beetroot brownies.
14. Text a friend and tell her you need her.
15. Buy yourself your favorite magazine and read it on the sofa, under a blanket.
16. Roll out your yoga mat and do a gentle flow class.
17. Have an Instagram detox.
18. Dance in front of the mirror (suggestion: a Spice Girls song).
I hope this makes you feel better. If not, please remind yourself that this too shall pass. It’s okay to feel sad, or down, or just a little off. We’re all human beings trying to fit in, and sometimes it just gets a little too much. That’s fine. Be kind to yourself. You’re the most important thing in the world.
This post is contributed by Claudia Menger, health coach, yoga teacher, world traveler and content manager at travel app Stay.com. Find her on ClaudiaMenger.com and on Instagram.