25-year-old Ulrika Linde went from working as a bartender to starting her very own company: The Healthy Box. A box filled with healthy products that are delivered to more than 900 households in Sweden today.
By: Henriette Danielsen Photo: The Healthy Box
After working as a bartender and living in New York, Ulrika Linde woke up one day unable to get out of bed. Her body was telling her that it couldn’t keep up with her lifestyle anymore; the partying and the junk food had taken its toll and had to go.
– I decided enough is enough. I started to make smoothies, eat more fruit and practice yoga. During this time I created the Instagram account The Healthy Blond and shared pictures of my new lifestyle, Ulrika explains.
It didn’t take long before she had several followers and received feedback from people, thanking her for inspiring them to live a healthier life. That’s when she started to think about how she could inspire even more people.
– I had just won a box filled with beauty products, when it hit me: do we have something similar, only with healthy food?
She did her research and found out that there was no such thing in Sweden. Only six weeks later, in May 2014, The Healthy Box was on the market.
– The Healthy Box is a subscription service where you get a box of healthy products delivered to your doorstep every month. It contains goodies like nuts, dried fruits, superfoods, health drinks and raw bars. Quite simply, a mix of products that makes your body feel good.
Today, only 1,5 year later Ulrika has more than 900 subscribers and has expanded her business into The Healthy Store.
– I was constantly asked where you could buy the different products, so I decided to gather them all in an online shop. This way you can easily find the products you’re looking for.
The products are sponsored by brands like Vitamin Well, Renée Voltaire, Get Raw, Eat Natural and many more. Today Ulrika gets so many requests from sponsors that she actually has to turn several of them down.
– To be able to vouch for all the products I send to my customers is important to me. I would rather buy something with my own money than be sponsored by someone I don’t like.
Now that you run a company with a focus on health, are you healthy?
– My diet has changed dramatically, but I still eat junk food sometimes. When I want something I eat it, but I have noticed that I don’t crave unhealthy food in the same way I did before. However, it`s all about finding the right balance. If you eat healthy 90 percent of the time it’s no problem eating a hamburger or some candy from time to time. And remember to enjoy it.
How has this journey changed you?
– When you go from working as a bartender to have meetings with marketing managers in large companies, you need to step up your game. I have learned so much and grown as a person. I truly believe in myself.
Ulrika is passionate about health and will continue inspiring people to make healthier choices in their everyday life.
Do you have any tips for those who want to become healthier?
– Start small! Eat more fruit, make smoothies and start adding superfood to your diet. Chia seeds and goji berries are a great start. What makes health so interesting is that what works for me doesn’t necessarily work for you. It’s all about finding what fits for you and your body.
Name: Ulrika Linde.
Occupation: Owner of The Healthy Box & The Healthy Store.
Lives: Stockholm, Sweden.
Favorite superfood: Chia seeds, maca powder and raw cacao nibs.
Favorite junk food: If I have to choose I have to say hamburger with fries, milkshake and cheese dip. When i eat junk food i go all in!