When Peter Munteanu went through a rough burnout, he was missing someone to provide him with high quality support on his time and terms. So, he took matters into his own hands and founded the online platform Yogobe, a tool for physical, mental, social and spiritual health and wellbeing.
By: Henriette Danielsen Featured image: Banana Bloom
Yogobe is a platform for sustainable health and wellness, offering online classes with 50 of the leading yoga and wellness profiles in Scandinavia. Their goal is to inspire you on the road to better health and more balance in life.
– We live in a fast-paced society where we don’t move our bodies nearly enough. As a part in this reality we also find excuses as to why there isn’t enough time in the day to go to the gym. Yogobe helps people with their discipline and in finding a few moments in their every day for me-time by creating sustainable routines, Peter explains.
Yogobe was launched in 2013 and is now available in three Scandinavian markets; Sweden, Norway and Finland, and has quickly become a fast paced community-based company.
Given todays hectic society, do you think online workouts from home will take over completely?
– I believe physical venues for sports, health and wellness will play an even more important role in the future. I believe in working together and it’s my firm belief that blended learning is the way forward. That means that the best results in terms of health for the individual will be obtained when we can combine practicing on our own, as part of a collective and with professional guidance, be it online or in real life.
Within a few clicks you have the high-quality guidance you desire.
Who are your main customers?
– People who wish to lead sustainable lives in our new constant climate of change. Our main source of revenue today is online subscription where users get access to an ever growing abundance of video tutorials and inspiration within yoga, meditation, mobility practice, pilates and much more. For the people who have challenges finding time in the day for movement and meditation, those who travel or those who wish to work out at home or at the office, Yogobe is the perfect help and tool. Within a few clicks you have the high-quality guidance you desire.
Privately, Peter practices yoga daily and a while back he passed 1500 consecutive days of meeting himself on the mat.
– For me it’s a symbol of caring for, connecting with and being present with myself. Some days I only have a few minutes, but the best workout is obviously the one which you actually end up doing, he says.
What is your view on fitness?
– When I hear the term “fitness” I think about initiatives which lead to a level of physical physique desired by a certain individual without respect or regard for the body as a complete system. I believe it would be a more sustainable term if it would more explicitly involve the perspective that the physical is more than you can see in the mirror or how heavy you might be able to deadlift. We aspire to live long lives, right? So, let’s make responsible decisions in terms of our physical, mental, social and spiritual health and wellbeing. Inside out.
Peter explains how Yogobe aspire to inspire and guide people to sustainable health.
– More and more of us have lost the ability to regularly shift between ON and OFF in our lives. Being constantly switched to ON-mode results in us not giving our bodies and minds enough time and space for reflection, rest and rejuvenation. In short; we strive to be the change we wish to see in the world.
Wish to learn more about Yogobe? Head over to their website and check it out!