Gratitude is such a powerful emotion which can give a more optimistic view towards life. Yet so few of us practice it on a daily basis. Things tend to get a tad too complicated, and we want to change that, creating a positive attitude towards the practice of gratitude .
Practicing gratitude is often dismissed, because it involves too much commitment. Like writing a journal every day, that´s not for everyone. Nevertheless, there are simpler ways to make gratitude a part of everyday life. But let us first consider why we should practice more gratitude:
- It can help us lessen our longings for more all the time. Creating more awareness to what you have, not what you want.
- It strengthens relationships, reduces stress and makes us in general more appreciative.
- It sets things in perspective and helps us see the goodness in what we usually take for granted.
So, how do we practice gratitude? Let´s start simple, because why make small, positive things so damn complicated, right?
- Tell someone you love them.
- Nurture your friendships. Maybe time to book in a friend-date or tell a friend that you appreciate him or her.
- Smile more often. The power of a smile is truly underrated!
- Be kind, always. Include an act of kindness in your daily routines.
- See the growth opportunity in your mistakes.
- Be thankful when you learn something new.
Small, but effective steps. Notice your life from a point of gratitude and you will quickly see how it will affect you in a positive way.
By: Henriette Danielsen