With a vision to help ladies release their inner power and share that feeling with others, Mina Lindman founded the brand Spurtee. By wearing Spurtee sportswear you share your power and encourage others to do greater things.
By: Henriette Danielsen Photo: Spurtee
We met Mina at Clarion Hotel Sign in Stockholm on a cold and wet January day. But with her positive energy and big smile she instantly brightened up the room.
So, who is Mina Lindman? Mina has done a lot of different things throughout her career. Everything from being a consultant to working with sales, being marketing manager and lastly CEO. But she didn’t feel happy, so she decided to quit and become an entrepreneur. Today she is the brains behind the sports brand Spurtee.
– I had a vision of finding a fun way to support girls and women to release their inner powers. I am also very much inspired by the whole start-up scene here in Stockholm. There is so much potential and possibilities and you get encouraged to try your own thing. Which I did, Mina says.
Spurtee´s first collection was “The Power Collection”. A collection of workout clothes made of organic materials with inspiring quotes, putting Spurtee on the map and encouraging you to do greater things through their powerful messages. And most recently they launched a more niched collection, focusing on yoga.
– Imagine the feeling when you can take that yoga pose a little bit further, when you run and reach the top of that steep hill, when you score a three pointer or when you finally get the hang on how to do a deadlift. When you have that feeling you want to share it with the world, and you want others to experience the same feeling of euphoria. That is what my brand is all about!
If you can dream it, you can do it
The brand name came from the two words “Spurt” or “Spur” and “Tee”.
– To spurt means to sprint like you do in short-distance running, and the idea is that you get an extra spurt when your read the message on the back of our shirts. But you can also read it as Spur, with the meaning of encouraging someone. And, tee is of course short for t-shirt, she explains.
And what makes Spurtee the brand to choose when it comes to fitness clothing?
– Apart from being edgy and empowering, we think the design is very flattering, bringing out the best of you. And, also, the materials we use are soft, light and has natural thermal qualities to keep you cool when exercising or just strolling around on a hot day.
Besides focusing on her new collection, Mina has many exciting plans for the brand in the future. They are for instance soon launching a possibility to pre-order your favorite Spurtee, in addition to preparing for shipping outside of Sweden and the launch a new collection called “Runner’s Collection”.
– We hope to launch the Runner’s Collection together with an influential runner that really loves and lives our brand. In addition, we are continuously looking for other brands that will supplement Spurtee, and sell them on our online store. Much fun awaits, Maria says.